Sunday, March 30, 2014

What is going on right now???

Sometimes you make big plans for the weekend, and then sometimes Mother Earth decides your grounded instead...

This Friday I got hit with a 5.5 magnitude earthquake that was just a few miles away from my apartment. Now, I don't have the studiest apartment. When the big one hit our floors were rolling like waves... It was a little nerve wracking. The worst part was the after shock though, medium size earthquakes kept hitting us every four minutes. Blah. 


Above is a map of all the earthquakes from Friday. The yellow circles are the 4.5 and 5.5 quakes. The earth was a rocking and a rolling for sure. 

I decided I would rather be on the rolling ocean than rolling land so a few friends and I went on a boat cruise in Newport Beach. 
With the boy ❤️ he knows the best way to calm me down is taking me to the ocean. 

Wearing: Wildfox strawberry fields tank and Juicy Couture jacket (normally not as puffy... It twas windy ;) ) and boyfriend jeans from Brass Plum.


Stay safe sealions! 


After a boat ride we went back to the beach to watch the sunset:


Purple haze💜
Lil Charlie keeping watch.

All in all it was a wonderfully relaxing day :) 

Later that night we came back to my place where I found my newest edition of Vogue magazine. I'm a subscriber so I get them every month... But I was NOT happy about the cover this month. Don't get me wrong I like Kanye as a musician, but he and the kardashians do not belong on the cover of Vogue (in my opinion). I know people like Naomi are being very diplomatic with this issue but I'm gonna be honest and just say I was disgusted. The real knife in the back was Annie Leibovitz  took the photos of "kimye". I love Anna and Annie more than words can describe. This was just heart breaking though. A picture of Kim taking a selfie with her baby as Kanye takes a picture of them from an iPad??? The momager whatever- her-name is smiling like a crazy clown as Kim tries to look regal?? And the garage picture?? Kim looks lifeless laying over the car... She's not interacting with Kanye or the car or even the photographer, and She definately could have moved her body into more flattering positions. Ug. Just ug.

Spencer captured my rant on film:


So disgusted...


I almost threw it away without opening it but I had seen pictures of Karlie Kloss' Photoshoot on tumblr and just couldn't get myself to do it. So I improved it instead...

Hope everyone that was near the earthquakes are doing ok! Also my new earthquake app tells me Hawaii, Alaska and Montana are getting hit hard to (and China??) so my thoughts go out to everyone there as well!!

Ciao ciao,
Kk












No comments:

Post a Comment